And the baby knits keep on comin'

I'd be lying if I said I hadn't been suffering from baby knit fatigue. I totally was. It's been really non-stop for, oh, a year. But after finishing this number -- and getting a fabulous response -- I'm rejuvenated.

Lindsay and Mike are one of our fave couple friends. There's never a lull in conversation, always something to talk about, and we laugh and laugh. She was a reporter who was smart enough to leave the industry, and we ended up adoring her husband as much as we adore her. We were so sad when they moved to New Jersey, but they had a good reason -- a new baby!

I had a lot of trouble deciding what to make for their little girl and fell in love with the Seed Stitch Baby Jacket.


I loved working this pattern up, but of course it was not without drama. I somehow miscalculated and ran out of Spud & Chloe sweater yarn in popsicle. So I called a yarn store, which promised to hold the skein two days (since I, you know, have a job and can't just drop everything to pick up yarn by 6 p.m.) Well, they gave it away. Thankfully, I found a lovely gal on Ravelry with a skein in my dyelot, and she traded it with me. Knitters are a kind folk.

Now, I so rarely get to present knit gifts in person, so it was a treat for me to drive to New Jersey, meet the little one and actually hand over the sweater. And let me tell you, Lindsay's reaction did not disappoint. She really gushed, and I gotta say I loved it.
Recommended Site