28thirty(something)

The official photographer is back in town, so here is 28thirty in her natural environs.


Now, you'll note that my funnel neck is less wide and funnel-y than the original. Perhaps this is because I used Cascade 220 heathers instead of the recommended Peace Fleece Worsted. I also had to re-block and shrink the neck because it was wide enough to fit around Roger Clemens' neck on the first go.

But while the neck isn't as stiff and stylish as the original, it is now flexible enough for me to subtly obscure my face, much like Secret Squirrel.

You'll also note that I lengthened the body. I just felt like a cropped jacket chops up my torso too much and is less versatile, but you do lose a little of the pattern's panache when you go full-length.



As I wrote before, I absolutely loved working on the arms of this one. They practically knit themselves and, at the risk of sounding haughty, they turned out super cute. And I certainly hope they don't resemble the Michelin Man's arm.

Here is the buttoned-down version, since this can be a terribly toasty sweater.


All in all, I really like how this one turned out. I always have good luck with Zephyr's patterns and would give this another thumb's up. I also think my life has been devoid of purple for far too long.
Recommended Site