Three's a charm


Yep, bridesmaid shawl number three is a done deal.


This went so fast that I could hardly believe it. Take that, you crochet haters out there.

My bridesmaids are strikingly different in a lot of ways (one's a lawyer in Colorado, another a drug and alcohol counselor in Pennsylvania, and two others are journalists, one in Connecticut and another in Maryland). But they are alike in the ways that count -- all hard workers, all compassionate, all goofy and funny enough to like me.

So that premise kind of guided my choices in their dresses and shawls, not to get too heavy on you. They picked whichever brown J. Crew dress they wanted, so I similarly picked shawls with a common shape but differences in the details. Shawl number one and shawl number two are knit, so I decided to crochet the remaining two. I scoured Ravelry and picked this Country Cotton Shawl. Practically crocheted itself.


Oh, and with Father's Day coming, I thought I'd point out that J. Crew has KNIT TIES. I actually knit my father a tie for Christmas in 2001, but I failed to line it. So it basically rolled into a tube, like something Gary Numan might have worn. But he still mentioned it in his Christmas Eve blessing!
Recommended Site