second summer recap

How can it possibly be August? And nearly mid-August, at that? We've been planning and working and traveling a little. We realized this weekend that we haven't gone to the beach at all this summer. I'll have to remember to pencil that in ...

By (un)popular demand, here are the finished bridesmaid shawls. Two crochet, two knit, four done! I'm looking for pretty shawl pins to close 'em up! Now it's on to my little capelet ...

I'm also about finished with the boutonnieres from Martha Stewart's Weddings magazine. I'd like to make two more for my dad and Jon's dad, but it ain't the most fun project!

And lastly (for now), I'm whipping up some pom-poms that I think I'll attach to place cards. These need a little trim, methinks.

Okay, enough craftiness. This weekend was the annual Spiders summer gala. Colleen was the hostess with the mostest -- can you believe the view from atop her building?


And I swear I'll write about something other than weddings at some point, but I was a bridesmaid in my dear friend Christa's wedding two weeks back. The ceremony was at the Denver Art Museum and really awesome -- as was this Mondrian-inspired arch that her hubby made! We love crafty grooms.

Recommended Site