The one where I designed a sweater

So I've been crocheting for, what, eight years now. I've designed a few stuffed animals, and I figured it was high time I whipped up a sweater. An 80s-inspired sweater, in fact.


Thanks, mom, for taking the photos


I've been seeing so many rich, vibrant yellows lately, namely on Latika in Slumdog Millionare. (We only saw it a few weeks ago, I am ashamed to say. Since we live catty-corner from a movie theater, we can go to the movies at any time -- so we never go.) Anyway, I wanted something lemon-y and buttercup-y and daffodil-y for myself.

I was drawn to this vivid shade of Tahki cotton classic while at The Yarn Co. after a doctor's appointment a few weeks back. This is a whole lotta double crochet and ribbing, the perfect canvas for my daisy brooch. It's not as "Flashdance-y" as I imagined, but I might be too old for off-the-shoulder looks anyways.


Oh, and I found the perfect li'l buttons at Union Max, a vintage shop down the street from Brooklyn General. Seriously, the button selection there is insane.
Recommended Site