not-cropped crop cardigan

The thing about being nearly done with a sweater is that it seems silly to post pictures of your little projects, the finished cowls and Blackberry cozies. (Yes, I've made a few. What can I say, my co-workers like them!)

But the problem is, you can be nearly done with a sweater for a really long time and let your blog grow stale. Now, I'm actually done. Here is my first substantial FO of 2009, the Crochet Crop Cardigan, minus the crop.

This is our fireplace, which we don't use enough


I'd seen some lovely ones on Ravelry, and it reminds me a little of a crochet version of the ever-popular February Lady Sweater. I thought a longer version might be more flattering than a cropped one, so I just kept making the half double-crochet shells until I felt like stopping. Then I stopped.

I'm also patting myself on the back for being thrifty. This is yarn that I got from Virginia at a swap about two years ago -- it's Brooks Farm Acero. The only thing better than Brooks Farm yarn is FREE Brooks Farm yarn. It's rather thin but still worked up pretty quickly and is just slightly variegated, keeping things interesting.



Next up? Harper! And this time, I splurged on the yarn: Dream in Color Classy. Because, you know, I'm classy.
Recommended Site