yarn, what yarn?

Not sure why, but all I can think about lately is sewing. Maybe because I discovered last week that my office is dangerously close to Mood Fabrics -- and I've already made two trips. Can you believe I've never gone before? It's a little overwhelming, with its crazy three floors of cottons and ultrasuedes and tweeds. Since I'm vertically challenged, I can really only reach about half the merchandise, but that hasn't stopped me from building a fabric stash. (Yes, me, a stash.)

Gotta say that I probably prefer bolts of fabric to long rolls, but, damn, that place is amazing.

So here's my first finish object with Mood fabric -- a Built by Wendy dress.

You might, or might not, recall that I made the shirt from this pattern a year or so back -- really, it's an awesome pattern. The only part I really struggled with was the sleeves. You can't see the little ties on the elbows because, um, I put them on the inside instead of the outside. Ah well, less likely to get caught in subway doors!

The fabric remined me of graph paper from high school geometry, which caused me a moment of anxiety. Then I remembered that I'll never have to take geometry again and the anxiety subsided, so I bought the fabric. This is perfect for work, and I'd love to make it in other fabrics. Maybe I'll just skip the ties?
Recommended Site