Thanks heavens for "law and order" marathons

That's how I was able to finish this little fella.


My coworker/friend and her husband are expecting a little one in a few more weeks, and they wanted the gender to be a surprise. (Though we all think it's a boy.) Their nursery set is a great mix of browns and greens and jungle motifs, so I figured they needed a little monkey. Perfect excuse to try out this delightful pattern.


extreme close-up

I spent a lot of time getting his expression just right -- pleasant but not too happy. I swear, that took me a half hour to achieve. We don't mess around with stuffed animals around here. And yes, I realize the eyes aren't baby friendly, but he can just be for decoration for a little while.

Like a certain stuffed hippo, we grew a little attached to this guy and may need to make a monkey of our own.

I also couldn't resist crocheting an afghan for the baby. I've seen some great finished blankies made from this pattern -- the combinations of stripes are endless.

I found a free shipping promotion code for JoAnn's, which was too good to resist in these tough economic times. I was intrigued by the new Naturally Caron Country yarn. I know some folks might turn their nose up at Caron, but it's a great acrylic/wool blend that feels a bit silky, like a bamboo. And the colors were perfect.



I was worried it was a little too '70s, but the couple seemed content with it.
Recommended Site