There's just something about sewing....

Jon and I were ambling around Woodstock a few weeks ago when I spotted Quiltstock. Yes, Quiltstock. It was a really delightful store -- bright and airy with lots of natural light for inspecting the fabric. (And not a single "Hippie Parking Only" sign -- there were a lot of those in Woodstock.)

I was going to leave with just a few fat quarters as souvenirs when I saw Amy Butler's Anna Tunic at the checkout. And, yeah, that was that.


i'm blurry and heading to work!

This took half an evening and most of an afternoon, including multiple machine mishaps. (I'm really tempted to buy a new machine that will be less temperamental.) I loved this pattern, even though I had to read a few of the sections, like, 12 times before comprehending them. And I basically just winged the sleeves.

So what is it about my ancient Singer sewing machine that makes me gleeful one minute and ready to rip my hair out the next? My needle broke, the bobbin was all screwy, the thread bunched up in the back. But when it was over? I was blue and ready to start something new...
Recommended Site