Sparkle season

Our days have been merry and bright around these parts.


We had four holiday parties in five days, including a particularly crazy one, marathon Christmas shopping and, of course, back-to-back viewings of season four of "The Wire." (We're actually getting HBO for season five because we can't possibly wait for it to come out on Netflix. And I've always had a moral opposition to paying for premium channels, so you know I must truly love this show.)

My family is coming into town tomorrow, then the fiance and I are splitting our Christmas break between Boston and Pittsburgh. (Thank you, Jetblue!) Even though it's our fifth Christmas together, we've never spent the day together, so that's kinda sorta special.

So onto the making! When sweaters get you down, it's time to turn to the sewing machine. Enter Built by Wendy.

I absolutely adore this pattern - it was fun to sew, not terribly complicated and fit perfectly. And since I'm sort of a dimwitted seamstress, this was a real shocker. I'll have it easier next time around thanks to the darling Marie, who was my Spiders Secret Santa and bought me a fabulous Olfa rotary cutter and cutting board! (And a pom pom maker to boot.)

Here I am, coy and fuzzy! I like that the fabric calls to mind ornate drapery or fussy wallpaper.


All the season's best to you and yours, dear blog readers.
Recommended Site